Saturday, February 12, 2011

Joyful Tears

Today I met the dress I'm going to get married in.  I spent the day with my mom, my step-mom, my youngest sister, and one of my closest friends and bridesmaid, Martha.  Grandma also joined us later in the day once we had found the dress.  I tried on, and really liked, several dresses but once I found the perfect dress, I just knew.  It really was like love at first sight!  Apparently the moms knew too because they both had tears of joy in their eyes.  My mom said to me, "The first time I held you in my arms, I could have never imagined this day."  Then of course I was crying.  What can I say, we're a sappy family.
For a little while today I had some pain because I didn't take my medication on time but for the most part, I got to be a normal girl, shopping for the most exciting day of her life, with the women she loves by her side.  It was just perfect!  Thank you moms, sister, friend, and grandma for making this day so special for me.  I love you! 

1 comment:

  1. Now you have me crying again, but you are right, this are tears of happiness. You will be a beautiful bride, and I know that on that special day, it will be a mixture of laughter and tears, but for sure, it will be a very joyful day for all of us that love you so much. May God keep on blessing you with that inner beauty that makes you so special. Love you with all my heart, XOXOXO...

    ReplyDelete